Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I feel so prostrate now, without you around.
And I’m struggling with my throat to make these feelings sound.
I’m remembering your smell and bringing you to life.
It’s morning outside, but to me it looks like night.
I can’t look at your lips without wondering how they taste.
And every time I kiss you I am still taken by surprise like being shaken awake.
I know every part of your face ‘cause I watch it when you talk.
I know the swing of your arms ‘cause I watch them when you walk.
I never expected this and couldn’t have guessed it from the start,
But you have stolen away every part of my wary heart.

2 comments:

ryan said...

<3
i love you allie mickey.

Meghan Powers said...

allie your poems are amazing. i just kinda stumbled on here messing around facebook. just thought i would let you know since i also love to write poetry myself. :)