Friday, March 13, 2009

Who has called me daughter? Who has called me son?
Who has wrapped me in blankets? Who has drawn me home?
If there’s anything to say, if there’s anything that’s true.
If there’s anything to do, I would do it for you.
I was dipped in kerosene, I was dipped in wine.
If you had your way with me would you take your time?
Even if I went away, even if I return.
Is there something left to give but all that I yearn?
Like a mother to her child, like a father spinning me wild.
Like a path overgrown I’ll be coming back home.
Who has called me precious? Who has called me child?
Who has called me beautiful? Who has called me kind?
If you have a father or if you haven’t one.
I will be there for you, you are never alone.
I’ll be anything for you, I’ll do anything for you.
I’ll be everything for you, I did everything for you.
I did everything. Everything for you.

No comments: